2017 has been a busy year for the group. Here is a list of the highlights from the year. If you'd like to join us and help make 2018 even more successful then please get in touch with Shaun - See Contacts section.
- Organised an anti-fracking rally in city centre.
- Worked with other local and regional anti-fracking groups.
- Anti-fracking articles were published in The Star.
- Organised a Skip Fossil Fuel stunt outside Weston Park Museum.
- Looked into the issues with treating fracking water at the Ecclesfield water treatment plan.
- Organised an anti-fracking benefit Burns Night.
- Had a networking lunch with Jessica Ernst who has been responsible for a long running legal campaign in Canada.
- Installed 10 pollution monitoring kits in Sheffield.
- Had articles published in The Star (front page) and the Yorkshire Post.
- Contacted by Sky News for an interview.
- Pollution monitoring with the University of Sheffield.
- Contacted MPs and councillors about air pollution.
- Organised the Festival of Debate Air pollution: The Silent Killer Debate.
- Took part in the Midland Mainline electrification stunt.
- Took part in a stall at the Sheffield Food Festival in the Winter Gardens.
- Gave a presentation at the tree action group conference.
- Campaigned to save Smithy Wood.
- Campaigned on trade deals – CETA and TTIP
- Worked with Museums Sheffield for a history of activism project.
- Took part in Zero Carbon Yorkshire – CAT.
- Ran a stall at the Peace and Craft Fair.
- Attended Base Camp Conference.
- Advertised free films on-line.
- Organised a stall at the Light Cinema on the Moor
- Held our AGM.
- Air pollution and fracking articles in the local media.
- Energy storage letter in the Sheffield Telegraph.
- Media training.
- Watched the Al Gore film "An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power".
- Christmas meal and social.
- Created an on-line shop selling eco-friendly clothes
- Updated Facebook and our website
- Respond to letters and requests from the public.
- Group development work.